Here is the good news for all the people who are planning to do or doing the keto diet. On the keto diet, you will be eating small portion of protein and very small portion of carbohydrates, which leaves the rest of your micronutrient consumption to fats- anywhere between 60 to 75 per cent. The keto diet food list offers plenty of variety. And with fats being the most satiating macronutrient, you will it is impossible to starve on a ketogenic diet. So here we bring you short and healthy food list for a keto diet and you can have this diet food delivery in Bangalore to home.
FOOD LIST FOR THE KETOGENIC DIET:
75% of Healthy fats, oils, and non-starchy vegetables
- Vegetables: Leafy greens, cucumber, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, zucchini, onion, garlic, fresh herbs (mint, parsley, basil), mushrooms, root vegetables (yams, carrots, turnips, pumpkin).
- Animal fats : Ghee, grass-fed butter, organ meats (liver, tongue), egg yolks, fish (salmon, tuna, cod), shellfish (crab, prawns, shrimps).
- Nuts and seeds : Walnuts, cashews, chia seeds, sesame seeds, pistachios, pine nuts.
- Cooking oils : Olive oil, avocado oil, unrefined coconut oil.
Proteins 20% of your diet
- Animal protein : Chicken, turkey, wild game, duck, beef.
- Organic full fat dairy products : If you include diary in your diet, stick to organic dairy products in smaller amounts, such as cheese, cream and Greek yogurt.
Carbohydrates 5% of your diet
- Berries : Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries.
- Fruit : Citrus (lemon and lime), berries, apples and pears. These are low sugar fruits that can be eaten in very small amounts.
- Legumes : Green peas and beans are low in starch so they are the only legumes allowed.
Foods to avoid 0% of your diet
- Refined sugar
- Beans and legumes (chick peas, lentils, kidney beans)
- Low fat dairy products (which are high in carbs)
- Peanut butter (which is a legume, not a nut)
Satisfied much? I hope this food list is very helpful for you people.
The ketogenic diet can be rewarding when it comes to weight loss, improvement in health conditions and increased energy levels, all you need is lots and lots of patience to follow such diet. And for better results, you have to follow the diet strictly. Keep a check on your calories intake. Make sure you are eating properly, stay hydrated as well. You don’t have to starve while doing a keto diet; you have plenty of amazing options for your keto diet food list!