Did you wake up this morning to a burning sensation in your throat? Is it happening way too frequently? Does it happen every time you eat and drink something?
Well, there can be so many reasons for this but many a time it happens once in a while, and that is it. But if it has been a usual phenomenon, then you should try to know why. Generally, the burning sensation in the throat happens to occur because of a sore throat, but we have also figured out the possible reasons why: –
- GERD, also known as Acid Reflux is a possible reason behind burning throat wherein you can feel the sensation either by the bottom or right up. This happens to take place because of problems in the stomach and digestive system. When the Esophageal Sphincter opens up the digestive juices enter into the oesophagus which initiates the burning sensation since the food might reach to the throat.
- If you have been through any therapy or surgery related to Esophagitis, then chances are inflammation may occur in the throat. This kind of burning sensation develops on the lining of the Esophagus.
- Pregnancy is another possible reason behind burning throat because it is one common feeling, the majority of females deal with. As we all know that hormonal changes are just basic changes that happen to take place during pregnancy so, Progesterone is one hormone whose release slows the digestive system. Because of this food find a way to reflux up to the throat causing a burning sensation.
- Alcohol consumption results in producing a burning sensation especially when you have had too much of it. When a person consumes too much of Alcohol, then a lot of acid formation happens to develop in the stomach, and it irritates the throat gradually.
How to treat Burning Throat?
Burning Throat is something that you shouldn’t rush to a doctor in the first place until it keeps happening on a regular basis. So, we have mind blowing ways you can try for immediate relief, and most importantly none of them has been threatening or harmful.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: You don’t need relief, but you also want to kill the reason that causes you such pain. Apple Cider Vinegar is a great solution to kill the bacteria and help you with some relief if you can gargle it. Mix a tablespoon of honey, half a cup of water to two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and gargle every morning.
- Saltwater: Saltwater is an antiseptic solution for burning throat which can be very helpful if it has been occurring because of throat infections. Add half a tablespoon of salt to a cup of warm water and use it for gargling every day.
- Turmeric: Another antiseptic remedy which also includes anti-inflammation benefit happens to be Turmeric. You can either add a tablespoon of turmeric in a glass of warm water or in a glass of warm milk. Mixing turmeric powder with water should also be accompanied with half a tablespoon of salt. Drink it every night before bedtime.
- Clove Tea: Cloves are both known for its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory benefits. You can grind some cloves into a mixture and use 1-2 teaspoons of it or boil 2-3 cloves in water then strain it to gargle it once daily. It helps soothe the throat and gradually heals it.
- Marshmallow Root: Finding natural Marshmallow root seems to be a tough task but you can always find it online and the buy it with free delivery deals at www.CouponHub.ca .Pour it in boiling water and let it simmer for an hour or so. Once done strain the root out and then have it. If you wish you can use it for gargling but make sure it is not warm and not too hot.
- Baking Soda: This one is a simple way to get rid of burning throat as it is widely available in every house or the market. You have to add half a teaspoon of salt and baking soda to warm water, mix it well then use it to gargle. But there is a process to it, keep the solution down in your throat for a few minutes and then start gargling because the warm solution helps in healing as well as soothing the burning sensation. Trying this at least three times in a day works well with the throat.