Breast augmentation is also the process by which breast lift is done to make your breasts look pretty.
Risks Involved in Breast Augmentation
Plastic surgery depends on the choice of the person who wants to go through the procedure. So, you have to evaluate each and every aspect of the risks and potential complications of the procedure and make a final decision.
Before the beginning of the procedure, you will be given a consent paper to sign on it where it is said that you understand and is aware of any risks and complications related to the surgery.
The risks involved are as follows:
- Changes in breast sensation or nipple
- Anesthesia risks
- Implant rupture or leakage
- The wrong or faulty position of the implant
- Poor scarring
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Persistent pain
- Around the implant, tight scar tissue may form (capsular contracture)
- Over the place of the implant, the skin may get wrinkles
- The possibility of revision surgery
Your surgeon will discuss all the risks with you before you sign on the consent. So, don’t be shy if anything comes to your mind and ask that directly to the surgeon.
Safety of Breast Implant
There has been no link found between autoimmune or institutes such as Institute of Medicine do any other systemic disease in case of breast implants in many types of research after a breast lift, or breast augmentation is done on a person.
Things to consider:
- Breast reduction may happen again, and you might have to undergo another breast augmentation procedure.
- Menopause, pregnancy and weight loss can sometimes influence your augmented breasts.
- Breast augmentation requires regular examination of your breasts for evaluation of the conditions of your breasts.