Endoscopy is a procedure in which a doctor uses certain special instruments to view the internal organs. It also assists in carrying out surgical procedures without the need for making large incisions. Since the procedure involves inserting the instrument into the body through a cavity or an incision, the equipment used needs to be bought very carefully. There are a variety of instruments that are used for endoscopy depending on what specific purpose you want to use it for. It ranges from basic kits to really advanced kits that assist in critical surgeries.
For buying high-quality endoscopy kit, the following things should be kept in mind.
- The video signal formats provided by this equipment should have a vast range. The image quality is of paramount importance as the doctors rely on the image only to perform surgeries or draw a conclusion. Thus, the image quality should be superb, which is found in three CCD systems. To actually benefit from high-resolution image, this system should include the RGB format.
- If you are buying basic endoscopy bedside pre-cleaning kits or an advanced kit, you need to buy it from a reputed company. You need to make sure that the company will provide quality repairs if required and has the technical knowledge to carry out those repairs. Also, talk about the cost structure of any after sale repairs because OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer) often consider repairs to be overhauls, which drastically increase the cost.
- Buying an Endoscope Protection is not enough. You have to make sure that it is of high quality and is reliable. The manufacturer of the equipment has incorporated the latest technological features available as on date. The other important thing to see is if the piece of equipment you bought will keep up with the latest improvements happening in the field for few years without the need of buying a brand new one.
- It is important to know about the benefits and the service that the manufacturer will provide during the entire life of the equipment. A manufacturer offering a low price with no added benefits or services is a bad deal as compared to the one that offers at a little higher price with added benefits.
- Look for a seller who provides educational resources for its customers. These can be peer-to-peer education programs, on-site training, online reference tools, technical assistance, training videos, reprocessing or repair information. Such support and education are very helpful in using and maintaining the equipment.
Endoscopes are very delicate precision instruments that get damaged easily. Any missed step in reprocessing can not only damage the equipment but can even harm a patient.
As you move from basic to advanced ones, you need to provide them better care, handling, and storage. This is critical to ensure that the equipment works optimally and for a longer duration.